Terms and Conditions
“Teknik Office Limited” shall hereby be referred to as “Teknik”
“Buyer” is the business making the purchase order directly with Teknik
“Purchaser” is the third party purchasing Teknik goods from the Buyer
“Goods” are all products/goods sold by Teknik
- To purchase goods, the submission of an order must be made in writing to Teknik.
- Teknik’s written confirmation accepting your order will form a legally binding contract between Teknik and the Buyer.
- Our terms and conditions are in accordance and governed by English & European Law. In the event of a dispute arising, the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
- These terms and conditions may be amended at any time by Teknik without notice, it is the buyer’s responsibility to read them every time an order is placed.
- By placing an order the buyer is agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- Title to the goods shall remain vested in Teknik and shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid in full and received by Teknik.
- If you choose to open a credit account with us, we will provide you with a form to apply for this facility.
- By returning the form to Teknik you are agreeing for us to check your records with a Credit Reference Agency to obtain or update our credit information.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The price of the goods will be the quoted price from Teknik.
- All prices exclude VAT which you will be subject to.
- Payment is strictly 30 days nett end of month, subject to credit status.
- If you do not hold a credit account with us, we will email you a Pro Forma by return.
- Credit cards accepted.
- To cancel an order, please confirm in writing prior to the order being shipped.
- If the order has been shipped, charges may be applied and Teknik will advise of these accordingly.
DELIVERY & DELIVERY CHARGES
- All items which require a standard UK delivery, (with orders received by 2pm), are despatched for next working day delivery (ND), free of charge to a ground floor entrance.
- Orders above 5 units may be pre-booked and delivered in circa 3 working days, free of charge to a ground floor entrance.
- All other items which require a two-man delivery, (2M), are pre-booked with the customers. These can be delivered to a room of choice with pre-delivery text notifications, typically within 5-7 working days.
- There is an option for Express Delivery with the 2M deliveries. A quote for this is available upon request.
- Deliveries to Ireland and Scottish Highlands incur a £14 surcharge per carton for a ND delivery and a £20 surcharge per carton for 2M deliveries. Please note, delivery to these locations is typically an additional 2-3 working days from the lead times quoted in the above points.
- Surcharges for remote delivery postcodes apply – please refer to the ND and 2M remote postcode tabs on our price list.
- The buyer or purchaser maybe required to provide free assistance to an unaccompanied driver.
- At times we may use a non-tail-lift vehicle and therefore should be notified prior to delivery if the delivery location does not have facilities to offload goods.
- Where deliveries are made on pallets, pallets are not removed by the driver and are kerb side deliveries only.
- All delivery queries including shortages and damages must be notified in writing, (accompanied by images of the damage and packaging as it arrived), by 10am on the following day of receipt. Teknik will not be liable beyond this time period.
- Stock can be collected from our warehouse - by your own transport, by prior arrangement only, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goods will only be accepted for return if notified within 14 days of purchase if unused, in a re-saleable condition and in the original packaging.
- Unless the product is being returned due to a manufacturing fault or supplier error, there will be a handling charge of £35 or 15% of the invoice value, whichever is the greater for ND delivered goods.
- For 2M delivered goods, the handling charge is 25% of the invoice value or £65, whichever is the greater.
- Additionally, if the product needs re-boxing a charge of £8 per operator chair and £15 per executive chair and or 2M delivered goods will be applied.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and purchaser to obtain proof of dispatch/collection.
- All returned goods are inspected. Teknik reserves the right to charge for incomplete returns and or damaged returns that are unable to be resold.
- Teknik reserve the right to charge for refused deliveries; orders placed in error or not wanted prior to any credits being raised.
- These warranties do not affect your statutory rights.
FAILURE TO COLLECT
- Credits will only be raised upon receipt and inspection of goods.
- If the product is not available for collection after an arrangement to collect is made, an abortive collection charge will be applied.
- Please note where goods are being returned to us it is the responsibility of the buyer and purchaser to obtain proof of dispatch, even in the event of Teknik collecting.
- All goods have a two year mechanical parts replacement warranty, (excluding foam and fabric, wear and tear).
- Selected products are offered with an extended three year mechanical parts replacement warranty (excluding foam and fabric, wear and tear). Please see individual product pages on our web site www.teknikoffice.co.uk for details.
- For chairs delivered fully assembled, the warranty remains the same as above, mechanical parts replacement only (excluding foam, fabric, wear and tear).
- We reserve the right to request supporting information such as images or videos, along with details of the fault in order to satisfy our mechanical parts replacement warranty guarantee.
- We reserve the right to modify and improve chairs without notice.
- Replacement parts shipped to standard, mainland UK delivery point.
- Although we try to be as accurate as possible, all product dimensions are approximate.
- All leather chairs are leather faced with simulated leather frames, unless otherwise stated.
PROOF OF DELIVERY (POD’s)
- In the event of an invoice query, PODs must be requested within 28 days of delivery or invoice(s) will stand.
- Please note that PODs are only stored up to 6 months after the delivery has been made. If a proof of delivery request falls outside this period, we may not be able to provide one.
NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT (NDA)
- The Buyer maybe required to sign an NDA agreement during the course of trading with Teknik to ensure confidential information exchanged is protected.
- Teknik are compliant with the GDPR laws and will respect the privacy of the data we collect and store for lawful business use. For further details, please visit our privacy notice on our web site http://www.teknikoffice.co.uk/privacy.html
INSOLVENCY OF BUYER
- Teknik’s contractual obligations under an open purchase order will be terminated if at any time the buyer cease trading, becomes insolvent, goes into administration or has a liquidator.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS EXCEPTED
- Every effort is taken to ensure that details, images and product information displayed on our website and published literature is correct, however this information is for reference purposes only.
- No liability is accepted for errors and omissions, E&OE exists at all times.